Hello! My name is Antoinette, 21, chocolate addict, coffee connoisseur, food adorer & blogger, happy person overall. Also, chubby because I really love food :)
I just started my blog where I’m posting some gorgeous pictures of food that I find online, but I also love to cook my own stuff and blog about it. Please post this delicious pic if you like it, and of course feel free to follow me and reblog everything you like from my blog, I’ll be eternally thankfull :) :*
Of course, here is the recipe :)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, cold and cut into pieces
- For the Brownies: (Or use box mix)
- 1 1/3 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- 10 oz bag soft baking caramels
- 1 (12 oz) bag dark chocolate candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Pulse the flour, sugar, and butter in a food processor (or cut the ingredients together) to create dough. Spread and pat the dough evenly into the bottom of the foil-lined pan and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cookie crust becomes light golden brown. Place the pan in the refrigerator to cool.
- Mix together the butter, water, and sugar for the brownies in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then remove from heat. Put 1 1/3 cups of the chocolate chips in the bowl and pour the hot butter mixture over top. Stir the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add in the eggs and the vanilla extract and mix well. Then, add in the flour and salt and mix well to combine.
- After the cookie crust has cooled, pour the brownie mixture over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through but still moist.
- Let the brownies cool on a rack in the pan and then transfer to the freezer to help the top firm up quickly.
- After letting the brownies cool for 10 minutes, place the soft caramels in a microwave safe bowl and melt them according to the package directions. Stir in the toasted coconut and spread evenly over the chilled brownies (don’t remove from pan). Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill again for at least an hour.
- Once the brownies have firmed up, remove from the fridge. Grab the sides of the foil and lift the Samoa Brownies out of the pan. Peel the foil away from the brownies and cut them into squares.
- Melt the coating chocolate according to package directions. Dip each brownie bottom into the coating and place upside-down on a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper. Let the chocolate dry on the bottoms, flip the brownies over, and drizzle the remaining chocolate on top of the brownies. Let that chocolate firm up and then serve.